Changelog: Added notification server and website analytics policies.
The Polymer app collects no data without your consent, and then tries to collect as little data as practically possible. I don't want your personal information.
This website uses Plausible Analytics, a privacy-friendly analytics service that collects anonymous visitor metrics without using cookies or other tracking technologies.
If you use the Polymer push notification service with snapshots enabled, snapshots are temporarily stored on a Polymer server so they can be delivered to your device(s). They are deleted immediately once delivered.
The Polymer push notification stores server logs that may contain your IP address. These logs are only used for maintenance and anti-abuse purposes.
Data Polymer Collects
- Apple Analytics: If you've consented to share statistics with developers, we receive anonymous, aggregate statistics and crash reports from Apple. For more information on device analytics, or instructions on how to disable them altogether, see https://support.apple.com/HT210682.
- Device Identifiers: The Polymer push notification service only uses unique, pseudonymous identifiers for your iOS devices and OctoPrint servers.
- Notification Content: The Polymer push notification service does not store the textual content of any notifications sent through it.
- Snapshots: If you use the Polymer push notification service with snapshots enabled, snapshots are temporarily stored on a Polymer push notification server so they can be delivered to your device(s). Snapshots are deleted:
- Immediately once all of your devices have received the notification and downloaded the snapshot, or
- Within two (2) hours of the snapshot upload time.
- Server Logs: For maintenance and anti-abuse purposes, logs of requests to the Polymer push notification service are stored. Server logs contain the IP address of the device that made the request.
- Data Jurisdiction: Polymer notification servers are located in the United States of America, in the state of New Jersey.
Marketing and Documentation Websites
Support Email Diagnostics
When you send a support email, you can optionally attach a diagnostics file that contains information helpful in identifying your issues with the app. Diagnostics files contain basic device information, and the app's logs. App logs might contain the addresses of your OctoPrint servers, but do not contain any secret keys or authentication credentials.